[DNA] draft-ogawa-fhopt-00.txt

Hi, all,

I posted a new draft to dhc WG, "DHCPv6 Options for Fast
Handovers", draft-ogawa-fhopt-00.txt".

It can be found at:
 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ogawa-fhopt-00.txt

With great effort of many researchers, the protocol design
of FMIP is to be completed. However, I think there are 4
issues to apply current FMIP to real networks.
In the draft, the issues are discussed briefly, and new DHCP
options (Fast Handover Options) and their protocol is
proposed as an alternative to current FMIP.

The main functions of this protocol are ported from FMIP and
some new functions are added. With the protocol, fast
handover function including fast "Detecting Network
Attachment" function is deployed in DHCP servers and MNs but
not in every router, so plain access routers (if they have
the DHCP relay function) can be used. For example, Cisco's
current routers, which support the DHCPv6 relay function,
can be used.

We are currently implementing the protocol in Linux. I plan
to check the basic protocol functions on real equipment by
the end of March.

I would very appreciate it if you would give me some comment
for the draft.

Thanks in advance.

- Takeshi.